We choose to stand united, build a strong nation, and strengthen & empower the African Union’s institute as a voice for the people of African descent in the 21st century. Marcus Garvey says it best, “Up you mighty race; you can achieve whatever you will.”
We Are Stronger Together in America.
Our Voices Matter! One Voice, One People, One Africa
Ubuntu (Humanity): umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu (Zulu community, South African term meaning Humanity towards others)
“I am because we are or Humanity towards others: I am what I am because of who we all are”
The Philosophy of Ununtu is the essence of being human. No Human Being can exist in isolation; we are all interconnected. Ubuntu speaks particularly about the fact that you can’t exist as a human being in isolation. It talks about our interconnectedness.
I am African
I am not African because I was born in Africa but because Africa was born in me
Blessings of Africa
“We Are the Blessings of Africa, Reshaping Our Greatness Together” – Dr. Queen Blessing Itua, Chair, African Union Sixth Region. God bless the people of African Descent and long live Africa, our homeland.
The Benefits of being a part of the African Union Sixth Region USA
As a registered member,
- You receive firsthand the information disseminated on Africa Union programs and Diaspora initiatives
- AU6RUSA encourages African Diaspora Skill Development. That means African Diaspora organizations in our database are given preference in awarding business opportunities or contracts in public procurement. Other organizations may only be given priority where diaspora database expertise is lacking, and in such situations, the non-members must show a verifiable plan for indigenous capacity development.
- AU6RUSA may help to facilitate the issuance of passport/visa to encourage members who possess skills or expertise, business, and investment funding for a business, sharing knowledge, or touring, or reside.
- You are Making a Difference by getting involved
- You are a part of building the African Union African Diaspora Sixth Region USA.
- When you participate and attend, you have the opportunity to network
- You have the opportunity to participate in the activities including but not limited to African Diaspora Mobilization, Economic Empowerment, Capacity Building and Training, Exchange Programs, Trade and Investment Promotion, Community Outreach Programs Events, etc.
- You can also take a step further, bring other People of African Descent, or organize an event in your area. This will allow you to lead, exchange ideas with others, and have your say in building not just African Continent but to make ourselves and our communities right here in America.
NORTHEAST (Region 1)
- Sub-Region 1 (New England): Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont
- Region 2 (Middle Atlantic): New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania
MIDWEST (Region 2)
- Sub-Region 3 (East North Central): Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin
- Sub-Region 4 (West North Central): Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota
SOUTH (Region 3)
- Sub-Region 5 (South Atlantic): Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia & Washington DC
- Sub-Region 6 (East South Central): Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee
- Sub-Region 7 (West South Central): Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas
WEST (Region 4)
- Sub-Region 8 (Mountain): Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming
- Sub-Region 9 (Pacific): Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, and Washington